Thursday, September 9, 2010

Morning Sketch


This past summer we had a pair of Brown Thrashers in our burn pile. They are beautiful soft brown birds with speckled bellies, and we watched them a good bit of the summer slipping in and out of the pile where the nest was. They should be heading to a warmer climate for winter soon. This morning one flew itself into our living room window and snapped its neck. I'm trying to get back into the habit of sketching every day again, so today I sketched my poor bird before I laid it under a bush.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful sketch, Kathie, and a lovely tribute to the sweet little guy.

Unknown said...

hahaha the other day Sami biked over here, and she called me outside when she got here because she had a bag with a dead bird in it on her bike and wanted to bury it. she found it in the parking lot of her house, cried, and brought it over to bury because she "couldn't just leave it there!" :] it looks like the same kind as you drew!

this just reminded me of that :P