Monday, June 28, 2010

Red wing Plein Air


This is just a detail of the Painting I did for the Quick Paint Event in Red Wing. Two hours goes pretty quickly and the photo I took has too much glare. I love these events. It really forces you to focus- and stay focused. My mind can really wander if I know I have all day. I was set up at the Farmer's Market in the park under a tree for shade and a half hour into the painting my scene was completely hidden by new activities in front of me. Had to do a quick wipe off, shift my easel and start a new painting. That's plein air! My morning was topped off by winning the best Quick Paint award

3 comments:

Deborah Conlon said...

Thanks so much for encouraging me to go to Red Wing Kathy. I learned a lot, and think I'm addicted. Deb

Kathie Wheeler said...

Not a bad addiction to have! You did some nice expressive paintings up there. I'm glad you had a great time.

Cathy said...

Congratulations! Your artwork still amazes me.